Fourth of July festivities planned
All residents, staff and families are invited to celebrate Independence Day in the cool comfort of our main dining room. The invitation is open to our Emporia community friends as well!
Join us starting at 2 p.m. on July 4 for a savory feast. The menu features:
- Caprese canape with breaded roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and chiffonade basil
- Mediterranean pizza with hummus, Kalamata olives, shaved red onion, tomatoes and chopped capers
- Chicken satays with a coconut peanut sauce
- BBQ meatballs and corn bites
- Fresh fruit tray
- Watermelon gazpacho shooters
- Red, white and blue fruit tartlets and fresh berry skewers with blueberries, raspberries and marshmallows
Afterward, we'll have a special screening of a patriotic movie at 3:30 p.m. in the chapel.